Substation Applications Engineer
This well-established southwest Dallas manufacturing company is actively seeking to hire an experienced Substation Applications Engineer for a direct hire position. This position requires technical knowledge and experience in the design, operation, testing and maintenance of substation equipment such as transformers, circuit breakers, CT’s, PTs, batteries, switchgears, etc.
- Provide technical support for substation test equipment via telephone, with personal visits, demonstrations and hands-on
- Validate new products through testing of hardware and software for various applications and provide feedback for product enhancement/improvement.
- Work with engineering team on product specifications, applications, software and contribute towards product design &
- Participate in company marketing and sales activities and industry technical meetings and conferences.
- Prepare white papers, application notes and technical articles to reinforce company as subject matter expert in power
- Should be able to present on different theoretical topics and case studies at conferences and technical
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Preferably 5 years of direct experience in substation field testing and
- Knowledge of power system operation and circuits
- Have a good working knowledge of the methods and procedures used in utility substation design, commissioning and maintenance
- Familiarity with design, construction and operation of transformer, circuit breakers and
- Experience in the installation, testing, and maintenance of substation
- Knowledge of different transformer, circuit breakers and batteries testing methods and ability to perform results analysis.
- Knowledge of applicable and relevant IEEE, NETA, IEC and NERC standards as it relates to testing and
- Ability to present technical topics and communicate effectively in front of large audiences consisting of technicians, engineers, managers and key decision
- Required travel (approximately 50%).
- Position requires strong computer skills including knowledge of various Windows platforms, software installation, various PC I/O ports and Microsoft
- Creative, driven and self-motivated individual with strong customer
Relocation assistance available for highly qualified out-of-town candidates. Will consider highly qualified candidates with a transferable H1b visa (no corp-to-corp). This is a full-time position and candidates must be willing to work onsite (no remote option).