C/C++ Software/Firmware Developer
This well-respected South Dallas manufacturing company is seeking to hire an experienced Software/Firmware Developer with strong C/C++ programming background.
Develop embedded C/C++ software/firmware for DSP and microcontrollers to interface with hardware peripherals.
Port existing Ethernet-based protocol stacks from existing to other platforms.
Develop new protocol stacks as needed to comply with standards.
Work with product managers to translate business requirements into software/firmware implementation and communicate effectively the changes/requirements with hardware engineers.
Qualified candidates need to have:
- Five years experience of developing C/C++ embedded software/firmware interfacing with various hardware peripherals
- Five years experience of developing networking software client/server involving TCP/IP communication
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP and OSI network layer
- Ability to troubleshoot sophisticated client/server applications and provide a proper solution to remedy the issues
- Experience or have in-depth knowledge of the following protocols: ARP, TCP, UDP, NTP, PTP and etc.
- Have experience or knowledge of the smart grid protocols/implementations: IEC61850 GOOSE, Sampled Values and MMS protocol
- Have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of multiple protocol stacks and how they are being differentiated by ethertype and being transported into the physical layer. Understand the differences between broadcase, multicast and unicast messages.
- Work with smart grid or automated substation industry
- Have extensive computer networking/security knowledge and/or experience in various different protocols and understand how the protocols are created to solve problems or to improve the effectiveness/robustness between distributed systems
Only local Dallas-area candidates need apply and must be able to work onsite for this fulltime, direct hire position.
This company cannot sponsor nor transfer any visas.