Product Manager/Lead Full Stack Developer
Houston based energy company has an immediate need for a Product Manager/Lead Developer for a permanent position. This role will be hybrid with partial onsite and partial remote offered.
The Senior Full Stack Developer is responsible for the design and development of tools for visualizing and interacting with seismic data in a web-based interface. As a software team member, the employee works with new and established technologies as part of an Agile group of developers. They handle the design, development, and deployment of customer-facing web tools using modern and evolving web technologies.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Developing web-based solutions in both front and back-end of the software stack.
• Maintaining existing web-based software products.
• Building user interfaces in a React framework.
• Interfacing with back-end systems (REST APIs and database systems) to pull data and store inputs
• Supporting work on back-ends hosted in Tomcat and Node.js.
• Adapting existing software to interface properly with other internal and external software products.
• Assessing and adapting new technologies for use in new and existing products.
• Working with infrastructure providers to ensure that products are running reliably and securely
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computing, Physics, or Applied Math and at least 4 years of software development experience.
• A strong mathematical background and aptitude for developing scientific or quantitative code is an asset experience building, maintaining, and running 24x7 web systems is an asset Experience working in a team of developers
• Familiarity with source control management tools (e.g., Git, Microsoft TFS, Subversion, etc.) Familiarity with modern development tools and environments (e.g., Visual Studio, Eclipse, etc.) Familiarity development and maintenance of unit tests and testing frameworks (e.g., JUnit, Jest, Selenium)
• Familiarity with state management systems (e.g., Redux) Familiarity with modern back-end languages and platforms (e.g., Java, PHP, Node.js, Express, etc.)
• Familiarity with modern web servers (e.g., Apache Tomcat, IIS, Express.js, NGINX, etc.)
Company offers exceptional benefits.