Our client is a well-established Cincinnati icon. They are a leader in their industry and have been headquartered in Cincinnati for 75+ years. They are growing and expanding and looking for IT professionals to help leverage IT as a competitive advantage. This is a mid-sized company where you can have an impact. They value their employees and offer excellent work-life balance and a team atmosphere.
Full time, permanent position with full benefit including medical, dental, vision, paid vacation and holidays, 401k and more. Hybrid - partial on site, partial remote
The Security Administrator role is responsible for designing, planning, implementing, and supporting various hardware and software security solutions to support the operations of the company. The Security Administrator will be 50% focused on projects and 50% focused on administering security for multiple locations. This is a small team of three people where each team member is involved in all aspects.
• Design, setup, and configure security architecture including hardware and software solutions based on the needs of the organization
• Plan and schedule changes coordinating with different stakeholders based on business needs
• Facilitate and support business-to-business connectivity of mission critical interfaces and systems
• Support security training and awareness programs throughout the organization
• Create and modify firewall rule sets, policies, and security device configurations
• Perform trend analysis, identify top security incidents, and work with respective teams to minimize future risks
• Monitor, support, and report on vulnerability assessments, penetration tests, as well as compliance related solutions. Document and improve existing processes.
• Design, setup, and configure various access solutions from remote access VPNs to site-to-site VPNs using diversified security platforms
• Perform root cause analysis on security events as needed
• Bachelor’s degree with a focus on Cyber Security or related Computer Science
• 2-5 years of hands-on experience and expertise in firewall solution delivery practices which include upgrade, research, design, build, deploy, administration, and support.
• 2+ years’ experience with Checkpoint firewall administrations required.
• Cisco network and security administration
• 2+ years' experience Azure with Network Security Groups and Application Security Groups is highly desired.
• Knowledge of SD-Wan and KnowBe4 desired but not required.
• Proven hands-on experience with firewall technologies and comprehensive knowledge of networking communications and network security
• Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to conduct research into a wide range of security issues is required.