Sr. Open source Applications Developer
Our central North Dallas client is seeking to hire an experienced, senior-level open source applications developer to join their team. This is an opportunity to utilize your experience and learn new technologies. This position is full-time, onsite with some remote flexibility. Excellent salary, benefits and career growth potential.
This company cannot transfer nor sponsor any visas. Candidates must live in the Dallas area or be willing to permanently relocate there. Not available for full remote or C2C.
Educational/Experience should include:
-5+ years of strong open source programming experience including interface development
-Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Information Technology, Business or a closely related field and five years of experience in computer programming and/or operating systems analysis.
-Working knowledge of various software applications to create documents, reports and/or graphics.
-Development, programming, and design of new software programs and applications in open source programming languages like Python
-Ability to learn SAP ABAP programming, Cloud data warehouse development and Enterprise service bus development
-Strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to understand an environment and how to troubleshoot at the environment level (network, hardware, application, database, etc.
-Strong working knowledge of SQL, Linux/Unix, scripting
1. Develops, programs, and designs new software programs and applications.
2. Assists, mentors, and provides technical direction, leadership, guidance and support for Applications Developers and other IT staff.
3. Consults with systems users to identify and define client/server software applications needs. Analyzes requests for changes, updates or modifications to new or existing software applications and makes recommendations for designs to meet client specifications.
4. Writes, translates, and codes software programs and applications according to specifications and end-user requirements.
5. Prepares charts, tables, and logic diagrams needed in problem analysis.
6. Consults with end users to create documentation relating to the program definition, development, business requirements. Documentation includes software objectives, deliverables, and end-user specifications.
7. Writes programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as necessary.
8. Keeps abreast of new and changing technological advances in program languages, utilities, tools and client/server technology to ensure achievement of optimum results.
9. Prepares and writes reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
10. Works with end users regarding systems analysis, general systems design, vendor contracts and detail systems design.