Director of Online Learning Design & Production
Purpose of Position
Leading education institution is recruiting for an experienced Director of Online Learning Design and Production who is committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation.
- Facilitate the development and production of programs that utilize high impact pedagogies and demonstrate new models of education; Set and maintain design, development, and production budgets and assign budgetary accountability to appropriate staff for all projects
- Supervise Sr. Instructional Designers, Production Managers, other staff on the program design and development team
- Remain relentlessly informed about new methodologies, technologies, processes and opportunities which will further the ITL’s goals, speed our pursuit of our mission, and transform the professional and educational lives of our colleagues, our partners, and ultimately, the students at University of Texas institutions
- Collaborate with leadership across the ITL, including student services and operations, technology, legal and finance, strategic partnerships, and creative services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional design/technology, curriculum and instruction, higher education, or a related field from a regionally accredited university.
- Demonstrated experience implementing new learning models and bringing innovative ideas to fruition.
- Experience in the development, management and operations of hybrid/online programs in higher education or the development of content for use in higher education at scale
- Experience managing instructional design and production personnel
- Experience working with emergent online platforms or technologies
- Experience managing budgets for multiple large scale content design, development and production projects.
- Solid understanding of best practices in hybrid/online higher education, including organizational models, delivery formats, technology tools, instructional design, staffing, processes and workflow
- Demonstrated ability to use knowledge of learning theory, instructional design principles, and management of staff and vendors to create beautiful, functional learning objects and programs
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skill in working on highly collaborative fast-paced teams
- Demonstrated ability to successfully deploy change management strategies when working with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple vendor relationships in order to achieve increased efficiency, scale, or cost containment.
- Master’s degree or PhD in instructional design/technology, curriculum and instruction, higher education, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the development, management and operations of hybrid/online programs in higher education or the development of content for use in higher education at scale
- Minimum of 3 years of experience managing instructional design and production personnel
- Minimum of 3 years of experience managing budgets for multiple large scale content design, development and production projects.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in hybrid/online teaching
- Experience working collaborative across multiple departments and campuses
- Experience communicating successfully with campus leadership and faculty to work toward common goals
- Knowledge of or experience with government regulations related to higher education as well as regional accreditation processes and requirements
- Knowledge of or experience with university and state procurement requirements, including the RFP, MSA, and SOW management process.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; can effectively cope with change and shift direction as needed to address emerging ITL directions and needs.