Sr. SAP BOBJ Data Engineer
This highly visible, central North Dallas company is seeking to hire an experienced Data Engineer/Developer with a strong background working with SAP Business Objects. This senior-level professional position is responsible for the design, implementation, and technical support of billing and payment function-related software. Other duties include: troubleshoots and analyzes current system to ensure effective operation and utilization.
1. Work with business units to analyze current operational procedures, identify problems and learn specific input and output requirements. Also consults with various departments regarding business strategies, the capabilities of the existing system, and use of those capabilities to satisfy those business requirements. Establishes cross-functional teams for process improvements as required.
2. 2. Plan and prepare technical reports, status updates, and instructional manuals. Creates reference material by documenting new and modified software system applications and processes. Create support documentation such as formal process mapping, business requirements, management plan, and requirements traceability matrices.
3. Provides technical-level user support, business-level user support, and appropriate training for current, new, or modified business applications to internal and external customers.
4. Helps coordinate day-to-day tasks such as monitoring, exception reporting, and resolution of problems in the production operation, communicating with internal business areas, external service providers and other IT areas.
5. Develop detailed business requirements specifications for system and application upgrades. Also prepares functional specifications. Defines and documents application control procedures, testing operations, conversion plans, and report formats.
6. Responsible to identify, configure, and test application systems to handle new application requirements or to support changes. In addition, debugs problems and performs project management tasks, from project definition through project implementation.
7. Analyze technical problems including data issues, workflows, and production reports/interfaces. This involves research, testing, logging, and following up on system issues. Also assists in root cause analyses when necessary.
8. Keeps abreast of new and changing technological advances in program languages, utilities, tools and client/server technology to ensure achievement of optimum results.
9. Maintains complex software applications through the preparation and testing of software code. Proactively investigate potential system problems; recommend solutions and initiate corrective action. Also recommends and develops innovative business solutions and alternatives for complex problems resulting in efficient, economical business processes and application systems.
10. Performs other related duties as required.
Qualified candidates must have:
Strong experience in use of SAP BOBJ v4.1 reporting development tools. Enterprise Crystal Reports, WEBI
Additional preferred Requirements:
• Designing and building efficient reporting database, data marts or data warehouses using ETL tools (SSIS, Informatica or Ab Initio), ideally using Oracle and SQL Server databases
• Designing, building, and maintaining VB and VB .Net applications with complex data queries
• Designing and building Universes with data sourced from Oracle and SQL Server transactional database tables, views, stored procedures, functions, universes, etc.
• Possesses ability to use creative thinking to solve problems and overcome obstacles
• Excellent communication skills
This company cannot sponsor nor transfer any visas. Not available for C2C. This is an onsite position in the central North Dallas office. Candidates should be local to the DFW Metroplex or willing to permanently relocate there.